Day of the Tread
Challenge: Build public awareness while increasing participation in the annual Day of the Tread charitable cycle event whose proceeds benefit Pegasus Legal Services for Children.
Approach: CWA Strategic Communications worked to leverage both community and media relationships to promote the event and the nonprofit beneficiary throughout the community. Working with the Day of the Tread board of directors, CWA established an integrated marketing communications plan that included securing major sponsors, stakeholder outreach, PR opportunities/placement with local media outlets and brand exposure on both traditional and digital platforms.
The ninth annual Day of the Tread was a tremendous success, outperforming participation from the previous year. Measurable results include:
- Booked Day of the Tread and Pegasus Legal Services representatives on five local radio shows during drive time programming.
- Booked Day of the Tread and Pegasus Legal Services representative’s on two local TV programs to promote online contests and early event registration.
- Secured $24,500 in earned media.
- Earned $4,896 in in-kind outdoor digital media.
- $1,744.00 Digital Bulletins.
- $3,152.00 Digital Posters.
- More than 1,000 cyclists participated in the event, representing a 25 percent increase over the previous year.
- Promoted two separate Facebook contests that generated more than 300 new followers to the Day of the Tread Facebook page.
- Secured $25,000 in media sponsorship funds from Cumulus Media.
Services: Advertising, Public Relations, Special Event Planning and Implementation, Public Outreach, Media Relations, Public/Private Partnership Development, and Owned Media.